Although many people start looking into fitness because they want to lose weight, fitness is not just about weight loss. By understanding where you stand on these factors above, you can work to improve your overall wellness and
- Improving your lifestyle fitness
Each of these aspects is quite important. While your body must be maintained as much as possible for health, it doesn’t do much good if you don’t eat the right foods. Losing weight, for example, isn’t enough if you aren’t eating the right foods even if you are losing weight.
With your mind fitness, we mean making sure you are emotionally and mentally fit. That means ensuring that your overall life is healthy in regards to the life that you lead. Emotional stability is critical to overall health.
With lifestyle fitness, the goal is to improve your stress level. It has been shown that those that are under a lot of stress are often the most at risk for health problems due to the stress.
Throughout each of these aspects, we’ll teach you how to improve your life through easy, and even fun, ways. Because each plays a role in your overall health, we’ll tackle what the healthy standard is, help you to understand where you are and then help you to get to the goals that you have.
Since your body is likely to be your largest factor impacting your life, we will start there. Remember, each aspect is just as important as the next, though.
It’s your wedding, do it your way and forget about the rest, right? If you plan to make a few people unhappy and quite a few more wondering where your manners are, then that is the way to go.
Although we do not want to think or talk about it, wedding etiquette is essential. At this very important time in your life, you want everyone to know who you are and what kind of life you are planning to live. The way that you present yourself here is the way they will see you as a couple.
Even if you do not care much about what they do and think, it is still essential for you to find a way to make them feel welcome into your life.
Not To Worry, It’s Not Hard!
The hardest part of wedding etiquette is learning about it. That you will do here. The easy part is doing it. There are very few things that are too hard to accommodate. Besides, a wedding is all about pomp and circumstance, so why not lay it all out there?
Wedding etiquette may seem like a difficult process but once you learn a few facts about it and how to easily execute it, you will be well on your way to pleasing your guests, your parents and even find yourself enjoying it all!
Another benefit of following the right etiquette for your wedding is that you can avoid problems like these:
- You forgot to invite someone to your wedding and now, they are upset with you!
- You do not know how to properly announce your wedding. Should you put it in the newspaper or send an announcement in the mail?
- Who should you invite to your wedding shower?
- Is it okay to do a gift registry for your wedding? If so, should you put expensive items on it? Does it imply that you want gifts?
- What should you do about guests that are out of town? Is it up to you to provide for them?
- Who’s going to pay for what? Should your bridesmaids pay for their dresses? Should you fork over the money for gifts?
- Who should throw your bridal shower?
- Is email an acceptable form of thank you notes for your gifts?
There are plenty of things that are big ‘ifs’ and since most of us only get married one time, it is rather difficult to actually determine what the right way to go is.
That’s why you need to take some time now to determine what the right way to handle these and other circumstances for your wedding is. When you handle them correctly, no one has hurt feelings, has to do too much and you don’t look bad.
Wedding etiquette also shows respect and understanding for others. By doing what you can to provide for these things, you show those that you are inviting how much you really do care for them.
While it may be hard to get started with learning about wedding etiquette, it does not have to be. Here are some steps and tips to follow.
- Use this guidebook to ensure you meet all the necessary requirements.
- If you question something along the way that is not provided here, use your best judgment to make the right decision.
- Make sure that in the end, it is you that comes out ahead of the game!
Now, let’s start learning about wedding etiquette!
Fitness is a necessary part of life. Before we get on the soapbox remember that fitness is something that you can get into the habit of doing which makes it easy.
Fitness is not something that you have to struggle with. When you were three you were probably taught to brush your teeth. You learned to put your clothes on. When you were learning how to do them, you likely hated it. But, once you learned how to do it, it became something that you didn’t think twice about. Do you worry about brushing your teeth today? No, because it’s a habit. That’s what we want you to think of when you think of fitness.
It’s just something that you do. Granted, the first weeks of learning to be fit and staying healthy will be the hardest. You’ll dread it. You’ll find excuses for not doing it. You’ll claim that getting fit is just too hard. You just can’t give up what you love. That’s not true.
In fact, if you have the willpower to save your life by sacrificing for just a few weeks, you’ll see that fitness can be easily mastered by you.
Our first goal is to determine where you stand right now. Don’t worry, this is painless, but it may hurt your ego a bit to do it. Nevertheless, it’s an important first step.
What To Start With
To get started with fitness, start by getting through these basic first steps.
- Meet with your doctor to talk about your overall health. Ask him for measurements of your blood pressure, your heart rate as well as any other important factors he may be interested in you improving. Determine that you are healthy enough physically to begin improving through diet and exercise.
- Get your weight. Do this at home on a well-programmed scale, not at your doctor’s office. Do it first thing in the morning after you’ve gone to the bathroom but before you have eaten. Do it the same time and same way every time you weigh yourself.
- Calculate your BMI. You need this to see just how unhealthy you are currently. It’s going to come down and that will be quite rewarding!
- Measure your waist. Stand up straight. Pull up your shirt, suck in your gut and measure at your belly button all the way around using a tape measure. This will be the indication of your weight loss and health improvement.
- Set your goals. Determine what’s important for you to maintain, to improve on, and to work on first. Write them down and post them in several locations in your home.
Now that you have this done, you can begin to improve your health. We’ll help you throughout the process!
To improve mental fitness, use your brain power! You don’t have to do any type of exercise with your brain physically of course, but mentally you do!
For starters, always keep yourself learning. Learning new things keeps the mind active and that means health. Someone that is learning new things that interests them is likely to continue to having a mental state that’s positive and motivated.
You should also use challenges to help power you through your day and your life. Giving yourself the ability to overcome challenges from puzzles to problems in life (yours or others) can help to keep your brain working. Asking questions, getting the answers and working at it helps to improve the brain’s function, allowing you to fend off Alzheimer’s and other conditions like it.
It is not an easy job, but you have to do it! Stress is one of the largest problems in health today. Stress affects your ability to function properly. It hinders you throughout your life by causing unhealthy living situations, physical risks and puts your entire well being at risk for emotional breakdown.
To help remedy stress, there are many things that you can do. For starters, find an outlet. You need to find something that you love to do. A hobby, a physical activity, or some other thing that really brings you happiness is necessary to have. By doing that activity even after a long and stressful day it can offer you improvement in your health and well being, by relieving stress.
If the situations that you are in provide you with high levels of stress, it is important for you to find solutions to those problems. You need an effective manor for relieving stress and if you can’t do so by solving the problem or by letting go of the stress you need to remove yourself from such situations. Stress that is ongoing without any real stopping is a large health risk!
If you want to lose weight the healthy way, then you need to consume foods rich in essential fatty acids also known as EFA. This type of fatty acid comes in two kinds –Omega 6 and Omega 3. These are commonly found in walnuts, eggs, salmon, vegetables, sunflower, corn, grains, and meats. It comes with lauric acid, which is known for its ability in preventing heart diseases, improving the immune system and increasing the metabolic rate, which enables you to boost your energy levels. Since weight loss and good fats are intertwined, you have to go for this fat group.
The following are some of the foods containing good fat for weight loss:
• Avocado – This fruit is not just high in monounsaturated fats, but also comes with a double whammy. It contains mannoheptulose, a starch that inhibits the secretion of insulin. This can greatly benefit individuals with insulin resistance, which is one of the major causes of metabolic syndrome. To date, the said syndrome affects over 40 percent of the United States population.
• DHA/EPA oil – DHA and EPA are made from 100% omega 6 and omega 3 fats. Numerous researchers and studies have shown that these oils had significant effects on hormone balance, mood, cortisol control, and inflammation.
• Grass-fed beef – Research has shown that a grass-fed beef has various effects on the omega 3/6 ratios and LDL/HDL ratio when eaten by humans. It has also been shown to enhance blood lipid profiles, which implies that it promotes the health of the cardiovascular system.
• Virgin coconut oil – This is considered as the king of good fats. Research has shown that it can increase the body’s fat burning rate after ingestion. This oil acts as a potent antioxidant by lowering inflammation and thus helps the metabolism of blood sugar. It also comes with brown fat-burning properties.
Contrary to the belief of many people, fats are the underlying cause of weight loss. What they don’t know is that good fats exist, which aid their body to burn bad fats quickly. If you were surprised on what you have discovered in this chapter, be a good friend to others by telling them the truth so that they do not lose weight improperly.